CASA is an affordable housing developer and property management organization. We are seeking an ambitious candidate to join our maintenance team that performs a range of duties essential to achieving our mission of providing access to stable affordable housing for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. This position will be a part of a maintenance team that maintains a portfolio of rental properties across Wake, Durham and Orange County that engages in strategies and practices that provide safe housing, promotes positive professional relationships with all residents, vendors, staff members and community partners. The maintenance technician position requires a balance of knowledge and skills to successfully maintain the properties and provide good customer service that results in resident satisfaction and retention.
Must possess and maintain a valid NC Driver’s License.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Perform quality unit readiness requirements. Including, but not limited to painting, plumbing, electrical and general repair.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Perform inspections and ensure required move in/ move out checklists and inspection reports are accurately meeting compliance standards.
- Assess units for preventative issues and make recommendations for repairs: leaks, water damage, lighting, etc. Then take corrective follow up action.
- While onsite report any grounds or potential safety/building issues to the Maintenance Supervisor/Lead Maintenance Technicians.
- Respond to emergencies as assigned, throughout the workday.
- Provide after hours on call coverage as required.
- Coordinate and inspect work by vendors on particular jobs when directed by the Maintenance Supervisor/Lead Maintenance Technicians.
- Maintain good communication with Property Management Team and tenants.
- Communicate throughout the day about the status of scheduled and assigned work.
- Display strong customer service skills.
- Maintain organized work area and supplies.
- Coordinate priorities with Facilities Director/Lead Maintenance Technicians based on tenant, inspection and pre-lease information
- During times of staff shortages, inclement weather or other emergencies, the Maintenance Technician, like all CASA employees, is expected to be flexible and may be required to perform tasks not specifically in keeping with the aforementioned job responsibilities.
- Other tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Management Team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a maintenance technician.
- Basic knowledge of property management software systems is preferred, but not required
- Understanding of fair housing rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, and HV/AC repair, painting, and general repairs
- Must show attention to detail; and effective written and verbal communication
- Position requires lifting up to 70 lbs occasionally.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand for long periods of time; Walk or run for long periods of time; Bend or twist their body; Repeat the same movements; Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl
CASA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity within our mission and vision. At CASA, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state, or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check and background investigation.