Full Time – Benefit Eligible
Reports to: Property Management Supervisor
As an affordable housing developer and property management organization, our Property Coordinator performs a range of duties essential to achieving our mission of providing access to stable, affordable housing for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Oversee and manages the Applicant Pool and the search process for applicants to fill vacant units, serve as primary point of contact.
- Partner with Property Specialist’s to locate applicants for vacant apartments which includes identifying names from applicant pool, reaching out to partnering agencies for referrals, collecting all associated documentation needed for each applicant, pre-approving and sending for final approval.
- Performs criminal background screening process and complete individualized assessment.
- Market, show and lease apartments in Wake, Durham, and Orange counties.
- Responsible for all lease signings: Understanding the lease, calculating rents and assets, compiling lease packets, coordinating inspections, coordinating lease signing with tenant and support team. Create and organize tenant files and enter appropriate databases systems.
- Assist with property inspections when required.
- Handle roll over calls; check general mailbox when needed; return inquiry calls as needed about housing and applicant status. Serves as backup for Front Desk
- Receive work orders from tenants, and partner with maintenance to address concerns.
- Process invoices and credit card statements.
- Perform other responsibilities and/or tasks as assigned by supervisor or other management staff.
- Energetic self-starter & critical thinker; demonstrates initiative & wiliness to go extra mile in any situation
- Practiced communication and interpersonal skills with ability to lead and inspire others
- Possess inherent philosophy that extended vacancies & operational inefficiency are not acceptable
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to balance quickness & quality
- Proficient technology skills to include Office 365 suite products, TEAMS and other internal software programs and related third party
- Commitment to CASA’s mission, vision, and demonstration of core values in daily work.
- Combination of experience and/or education in business, management, sales, real estate, property management, or case management
- Knowledge of HUD funded programs
- Ability to assess income eligibility, rents, and property-specific compliance requirements
- Related industry recognized certification or ability to acquire in six months
- Working knowledge of related industry standards and regulations
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills; ability to deescalate conflict
- Certified Occupancy Specialist certification
- Property management software experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Wake, Durham, and Orange Counties (frequent travel to all locations – mileage reimbursed for travel with use of personal vehicle).